As a public service organization, we depend on the volunteerism of both adults and youth. For more information you may contact the CEO or speak to one of our staff. The Volunteer Application and Guidelines are also available below and can be e-mailed, faxed or dropped off in person. Secondary co-op placements and post-secondary volunteerism and internships are welcome!
Circulation Clerk: Contract Position w/ Full-Time Hours
JOB SUMMARY: The position reports to the CEO and is responsible for circulation needs; customer service; and reinforcing the policies, values and commitment through interactions with customers. Under the general supervision of the CEO, the Clerk performs professional and technical work in operating and maintaining the library.
This position works approximately 37.5 hours per week, which includes day, evening and weekend shifts. Flexibility is required to cover additional hours as needed.
SALARY RANGE: To be determined
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: SNPL will train new Clerks for Library specific knowledge when required; however, the following list is inclusive for a successful Clerk:
- Knowledge, skills and abilities are acquired through a combination of education and experience;
- A diploma or certificate in library techniques or records management is preferred;
- All full-time Clerks must have either a Library relevant degree, diploma or certificate to be enrolled in such a program as the SOLS Excel Certificate;
- Previous academic or work experience providing knowledge of the library principles, organization, operations, procedures, and reference materials is a plus;
- Must have working knowledge of computers, MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Internet searches, and database searches;
- Must be confident in working with electronic devices such as laptops, e-readers, tablets;
- Must be able to demonstrate strong public relations skills, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to use general office equipment such as a cash registers, computer printer, digital scanner, and photocopier
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Candidates may submit a detailed cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three references in confidence to the Library up until 4:00 p.m., Friday, August 17, 2018.
Please apply using only one method of application: Via email: Director@snpl.ca (preferred); In person: 1679 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario; Via fax: (519) 445-2872.
Considered applicants will be contacted for an interview. The successful candidate must provide a Criminal Records Check including vulnerable sector.
The Six Nations Public Library regularly accepts letters of intent for interested community members to join the Board. Meetings are typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, at 5:00 p.m., in the Boardroom, on the second floor (inaccessible). All interested community members should send a letter of intent with a brief statement of their individual skill set for Board consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off the application at the Library.